Monday, August 30, 2010

Another Year

Well, I've made it through another year. This time of year is rather hectic for us. School starts with its usual upheaval of emotions as Little Clover advances into another year. Then, we celebrate my mom on the anniversary of her death. Once we clear these hurdles, my birthday happens, quickly followed by Little Clover's. I'm generally one blob of emotional goo, trying to just make it through August. Fortunately for me, I've got two really incredible guys who spoil me rotten. They are patient with me as I struggle with letting my little guy grow up and as I grieve and remember. They are then quick to pamper me a few days later on my birthday. This year, my birthday fell on a Saturday, so we spent the day on the river, rods in hand, fishing.

From Irish Clover


Little Clover was the first to hook into fish, showing us up as usual.
From Irish Clover


I love fishing as a family, and it was a great way to spend a birthday. Plus, I got some knitting in.
From WIPs


This is the endpaper mitts and some very wacky Trekking I didn't think I would like. It looks pretty good with the hunter green.

No comments: