Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Snowmagedon

Well, we all survived Clover's first dance. After dropping him off at the dance, I parked in the parking lot just in case he needed to run out for a last minute request or a last minute decision he wasn't ready for dances and wanted to come home. That didn't happen, so, I cried. Just a little bit, but I definitely shed a few tears. We passed yet another milestone in his journey.

At least he let me snap a couple of pictures before we left.
From Irish Clover


He looked dashing as he struck a pose. He had a great time at the dance, telling us excitedly about it, with the slightest hint of a blush as he mentioned slow dancing.

The dance was originally schedule for January, but Snowmagedon forced a rescheduling. The weather almost didn't hold out as yet another cold front was moving towards the Midwest, dumping almost two feet of snow on Chicago and wreaking havoc on Dallas for the Super Bowl. The weather was cold for us with a slight break Saturday. Snow threatened Monday as a few flurries fell over most of the City and an inch of accumulation on our lawn. Then, today, Snowmagedon struck!

From Irish Clover


I've lost count of how many days of snow we've had. Rumors of a few inches flew with the flakes. As the snow continued and the flakes got bigger, we decided to take a short walk.
From Irish Clover

From Irish Clover

From Irish Clover

From Irish Clover


At times like this, I'm glad to be a knitter with lots of wool socks.
From 2011 Finished Objects


I finished the Rhodie Gus Socks in Zauberball Crazy. The afterthought heel worked out well, leaving the color repeat intact. The yarn isn't the softest, but the colors are lovely and easy on the eyes. The pattern is slightly looser than I like for my socks, but they still fit snuggly and are comfortable. I think the yarn will soft with a few washes and will be one of my go-to pairs.

No comments: