Friday, March 17, 2006

Erin Go Bragh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cead Mile Failte
Today is a big day for the Clover's. Both sides of the family are Irish and we have quite a few Patricks in the family as well. Little Clover loves St. Patrick's Day. For the saint parade at his school, he picked St. Patrick. We dressed him in a green tablecloth with a hole cut out for his head. We made a bishops hat out of foam and he took a toy snake for the parade. He called me early this morning to chide me for not wearing green (even though I did) and warned me that he will pinch me when I get home. He choose which green shirt to wear weeks ago and will be on the lookout for the non-Irish today.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, here is a link to the History Channel which has a nice site devoted to St. Patrick, the holiday, and the Irish. To satisfy the knitters out there who may be reading, here is a link to the Irish Hiking Scarf. My favorite patterns, though, with Irish flare are at Girl from Auntie. Her Celtic knots are gorgeous. I haven't blocked out any time to knit the sweaters, since I am trying very hard to deplete my stash. (So far, my stash is still growing. I'm not sure how it happens exactly. All I know is that sometimes, I'll come home with a bag of yarn and no memory of how I got it.)

As a closing, may you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day, and here is a blessing for you to send you on your way:

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: