Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Rip it up

This weekend was going to be a weekend of finishing. It was also going to the weekend when the Cubs pulled through an amazing comeback. Neither happened, not really. I did finish the third Widdershin sock, and I must say, I'm glad I knitted a third sock in this pattern. I have a full pair again and a better understanding of the toe-up sock construction. Plus, knitting one sock instead of two is super fast and was good for my ego (look, ma! a pair of socks in just two weeks).

After casting off the Widdershin and weaving in the ins, a black dark cloud appear on the horizon. The Cubs began to complete blow their post season series, then, I finished knitting the Green Gables sweater and it looked extremely small. I tried it on and the sweater was more of a crop top, stretched to its capacity. I flung it off in disgust and frogged the damn thing. I hunted desperately for a new pattern, just so I could say I completed the Green Gables, but nothing really spoke to me for this particular yarn. I gave myself the chance to settle down and later that night, while reveling in Little Clover's stellar soccer wins (He scored 4 of his teams 7 goals across two games), I poured myself some wine and casted on. This sweater better be comfy.
From Irish Clover

2 comments:

endmost reckonings said...

durnit! my green gable is also very snug... i probably could have told you it might be that way! sorry!

crochetgurl said...

i don't remember if i ever commented before, but i'm a reader of your blog :-)

i was a bit disappointed with juliet, green gable, and rusted root too...green gable came out not fitted enough, juliet was too flared, and rusted root was too tight...i hope you can complete it again with success! :-)