Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reboot

Since the last time I've blogged, a lot has happened. I had grand plans of a "catch up" post detailing out the things I've been doing instead of blogging. I was going to wrote about the last day of school and how I cried; my cousin's wedding where she looked beautiful and where my little guy's inner party animal came out; baseball season and Little Clover's amazing pitches; a fly fishing trip where we finally entered the fly fishing zone. Instead, I'm going to reboot and just start with the past weekend and my most recent knitting project.

I love my neighborhood for very many reasons. It is an excellent place for families, my neighbors are great, and we have some cute wildlife in our yard. We have a very tucked away feel, but our house is very close to all the conveniences of a city. This weekend, my city gave me one more reason to love living here, they gave me outdoor theatre with a production of "Once Upon a Mattress." We packed a picnic basket with soda and sandwiches and munchies. Italian and I even packed a bottle of wine with some plastic wine cups. We took our basket, which is really a picnic backpack, and a blanket and headed to the park. Once there, we found the stage and colorful scenery neatly corded off with Christmas lights. The audience area was separated into a picnic blanket section up front and a lawn chair section. The place was packed with families. The show even experience overflow with people sitting outside the Christmas light boundaries. The evening air was shockingly cool for a delta June. The performers, who were all children and teens, did an excellent job, giving us a grand evening out. Next week, we'll be heading back to the park to hear a local band give a free concert. I love my city.

Now, for my latest knitting project:
From WIPs


It's a little tiny baby sweater a friend of mine has commissioned. It's small and taking the place of socks as my traveling project. The pattern is from a French series of knitting books called Bouton d'Or. This series has the best baby patterns I've seen and an excellent selection of patterns for boys up to age 14. If I can convince Little Clover to let me knit him a Christmas sweater, you can bet it will come from this series.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oooh I love that shade of green! And I miss seeing you :(