Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Socks anyone?

I have been a stash bustin' fool, in as much as one can be a stash bustin' fool while only knitting socks.

From 2010 Finished Objects


My primary knitting goal for 2010 is to knit down my stash and only buy yarn for a specific project and only if I love it. Now that I've been knitting for five years, I have a better understanding of the yarns and colors I like. Unfortunately, I have not been graced with frugal tastes. I'm dealing with that, but that is another resolution for another year.

I'm using spinning as my motivation for knitting from my stash. Some wonderful fibers have made their way into my home and they are languishing, unspun, feeling sad, in my stash bin. I trying to reduce the yarn in my bins before I make more yarn. I miss spinning terribly, so I've been focusing on speed knitting, working to get through as much of my stash in as short of an amount of time as I can.

From WIPs


Wish me luck!

1 comment:

amber c. said...

I'm FINALLY working on my first pair of socks. They're top-down and I'm about six inches in. If I make it through this pair, I hope to knit some from the book you gave me years ago!