Monday, April 20, 2009

Instead of blogging



I've been knitting and finishing a sweater.
From 2009 Finished Objects

Pattern Noro Cables and Lace (Y785)
YarnNoro Cashmere Island color 10
Needles Addi Turbo US Size 6 (4.0 mm)
Modifications I knit the entire sweater on 4mm needles instead of changing to the larger needles after the ribbing. This was unintentional, but I really like the size result. The original pattern is intended to have much more ease.

My Noro sweater is finally complete! This sweater was my personal albatross, it weighed on me and depleted most of my knitting and creative energies. I dreaded knitting this sweater because I knew I didn't have enough yarn. The knitting muses came to my rescue in the form of one ball hiding deep in the inventory pile of my LYS and a destashing initiative of KellyInTexas on Ravelry. She just so happened to be clearing out her stash and not only did she have the right color, but her skeins were the same dye lot. With the added skeins, my knitting energy was renewed and I couldn't wait to knit on the sweater and finish it, just in time for the Delta spring. It is warm and soft and beautiful. I love the color transitions and can't wait to wear it on cool fall nights

I've also been celebrating and planning a celebration. The first week of April is filled with birthdays. Italian, my brother-in-law, Mr. Soprano, and FoxyCPA all have birthdays the beginning of April. We spent Italian's birthday celebrating at home, then visiting the horses at the stables, then out to dinner with his family.

After Italian's celebrations ended, we began acting on the plans for Mr. Soprano's milestone birthday. The siblings decided to celebrate with favorite foods from the places they had lived. We flew in pizza from Aurelio's in Chicago and Maryland crabs from The Crab Place.
From Family


We served up a Memphis BBQ sausage and cheese plate and beer from Pennsylvania. Since we thought the meal was a bit light on vegetables, I made up a Chicago Dog salad with all the normal Chicago Dog fixin's and a mustard poppy seed dressing. Mr. Soprano was surprised, and we feasted. Overall, I think the event was a success. Oh, and if you ever order a bushel and a half of crab and 6 pizzas, be sure to clean out your fridge to make room.
From Family

No comments: