Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My address hasn't changed

With Google Maps on my laptop, I confirmed I still lived in the Midsouth, in the Delta. Yep, my address was the same and Google Maps was still showing it in the south west corner of the state, so why oh why are we getting more of this?
From Irish Clover


My City shuts down when this white stuff falls from the sky. We laugh in the face of heavy fog, speed with reckless abandon in rain, and enjoy the skidding on ice because it's the only ice skating we have, but snow, we shut up in our homes after clearing out the grocery store of its milk, bread, beer, and ice cream. The snow brought us another snow day (and a half) in what was already a short week with the MLK holiday. The car accident that stole my lovely blue Element away didn't help either (everyone involved was fine, Clover was already at school and not in the car, and yippee, I'll get my car back - Elements shockingly keep their value).

The snow was too powdery to make for good snowballs, so I did the next best thing. I took pictures.
From Irish Clover

This isn't the best snow picture, but at least it has some interest. The snowfall measured in at 3 inches, which is a lot for our neck of the woods, not even considering it was our second substantial snow of the year.

From Irish Clover

Clover and his best pal relaxed while I worked away. Yes, he's on the phone, but to his grandma, Mrs. Soprano. So far, that's the girl he talks to the most on the phone. We'll see how long that lasts.

From WIPs

The reflection of the snow gave me perfect lighting for some knitting photos. These a pair of socks I'm knitting in preparation for the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling. I didn't like the color striping with the heel flap, so after the photo shoot, I ripped back the heel and put in waste yarn for an afterthought heel. Now, I must go measure my foot.

P.S. We got even more snow yesterday! Another 2 inches fell at my house, but it was gone by afternoon, like a normal Delta snow.

No comments: