Monday, January 01, 2007

The Final FO (and Happy New Year!)


I was hoping to post two FOs before New Year, instead, I only have one. I finished these on Thursday, but am just now getting around to posting them. They are the completed entrelac pair in Trekking. The pair took me over a month to complete, but the actual knitting of each sock takes only a couple of hours. They are fast to knock out once you get the hang of the entrelac pattern. The best thing about entrelac is that it grows really, really fast. Of course, there are a few things I would change. The next pair will only have entrelac on the instep of the sock and not the foot. I'll keep the entrelac all the way around on the leg part. Also, I think I may try an afterthought heel. Next time, I'll write out the pattern, too. The only tricky part was turning the heel and picking up the entrelac again.

Happy New Year! May 2006 be filled with happy memories and 2007 hold amazing possibilities!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Your socks are beautiful! And congrats on your new spinning wheel. Will you ever come out of your house again?

Sarah

Anonymous said...

wow! incredible job on the socks! very very impressive. :) happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
my name is Gunilla Fors and I am from Sweden. I have just seen the
socks knitted in the techniqe entrelac. I saw them and I just love them. Can you please, help me to find where I can buy the pattern?
These socks are just wonderful.
Thanks in advance

Gunilla

chappy said...

your entrelac socks are absolutely awesome! would love to purchase your pattern. really great!