Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yay, Yarn!

First and foremost.

Happy belated birthday to Grand Ma Clover! She is an independent woman who speaks her mind with grace. She has been an example of a strong lady and I am very happy to call her my grandmother. Happy birthday, Grandma. May you have many, many happy years before you.

Secondly, yay! I have yarn!

This is my very own handspun that I made with my new spinning wheel. I love the colors. The only thing I would do differently is I would have made it a three ply instead of a two ply yarn. I still need to work on my consistency, but overall, I'm pretty proud of it. To give you and idea of the size of the yarn, I added a US dime for scale.

On a final note, I have had some request for the entrelac sock pattern. I used a pattern as a reference and did some major tweaking. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down, but, I will write out the pattern and work on it this weekend. With some luck, I'll have a pattern to post next week. Please check back soon. I'll let you guys know when the pattern is up. Thank you for your compliments and your interest. They have been much appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the colors! excellent work!