Thursday, July 26, 2007

68

I'm recovering very nicely from my latest bout of Potteritis. I'm feeling much better now, but am experiencing some slight residual effects, namely sadness regarding the end of the series. J.K Rowling did a wonderful job with the series and I wish her much success with future endeavors (because I really, really hope there will be future writing endeavors, not that I'm thinking of myself in wishing her well, nope, I'm only thinking of all of her other fans).

With the final Potter book out of the way, I know only have work interferring with my knitting. I guess it's time for my confession now. I have not knitted a single stitch for over a week. I miss it terribly. I miss the feel of yarn and needles in my hands. I miss having finished objects to show off. I actually think the lack of knitting in my life has made me pretty grumpy, too. Of course, Italian is just way too smart nice to agree with me on this. I did make some progress on the lace sock before my little separation from my yarn. I'll post a picture as soon as I try on one finished sock. With luck, it will fit to my satisfaction. Right now, it's a bit loose around the leg and I am trying to remember if my other Socks That Rock shrunk or expanded when washed and dried.

In the meantime, I keep checking my progress on the Ravelry waiting list and it looks like 68 is my lucky number.

Hmmm, do I see Ravelry in my future today????

1 comment:

paula said...

My 9 year old just finished it, so now I get to start reading it. She thought it was really good