Monday, April 07, 2008

Reassurance

Thank you for the support last week. I didn't think my last post would really garnish much comment, but I got quite a few words of encouragement. Thanks. I had a few other reassuring moments as well last week. A baby gift I have been working on drew to a close last week. I casted off this weekend and will have time to make one more little gift. I haven't found the right buttons yet, but honestly, I think that should be a relatively easy task.

Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket
Source: Knitting Workshop by EZ
Yarn: Rowan Purelife 100% Organic Cotton and Natural Dyes (3 balls)
Needles: US Size 6 Denise Interchangeables
Notes: I love the yarn and I like the pattern. The pattern is easy to knit and you don't have to think about it, just follow the directions. The pattern truly is just a blob of fabric, then you kinda fold it and the next thing you know, you have a cardigan. Very cool.

The yarn was great to knit. I have had some problems with cotton hurting my hands, but this cotton was a pleasure. It is soft and felt more like wool. It is also light instead of heavy like other 100% cottons. I could seem myself knitting a three quarters sleeve sweater with this. The colors available are muted and subtle as well. Overall, I think I will buy more of the yarn.


In addition to having an FO this week, I also received some reassurances in the area of spinning. I've been struggling with spinning bamboo. I thought I was making great progress as a spinner, but I've had difficulty with the bamboo singles coming off my wheel. The singles have been inconsistent in size and have been disappointing. I thought I was a pretty bad spinner. Then, while at my LYS, I noticed she had a Ladybug wheel. I tried it out. Not only was the wheel a dream to spin on, but my yarn was consistent and beautiful and well spun. My confidence came back. I also discovered the new going rate for the Schacht Matchless, which I have, and the price has increased $200 in a year. I definitely made the right choice in asking for the Matchless when I did.

Finally, I need to send out some reassuring words. Between Saturday, April 5 and today April 7, I have the joy of celebrating four birthdays. My best friend, brother-in-law, and hubby share April 5 as their day. I love them all and each holds a very special place in my life. The years we have spent together are years in which we have all grown and changed and I am fortunate enough to know that we grew together as we became the adults we are today.

I feel especially lucky to have Italian as my partner. He brings a twinkle to my life and I look forward to seeing him every morning and wishing him good night every evening. I hope he had a great birthday weekend. I love you :)

Today is Italian's dad's birthday. He is also a great man who inspires me with his love for his family. Happy birthday, Dad.

No comments: