Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote, Bohus, Books

Today is election day in the US and if you haven't done so, please go out and vote today. Not only will this election be fun to watch, but this election is the first one I can remember in a long time where there were two strong candidates who are bringing people out to vote. Remember those who came before us, honor their memories and their sacrifices and exercise the right they fought so hard to win. Cast your ballot.

Now for something knitting relate, I vote for a cool front to sweep through because I have finally finished the Bohus wristlets from last year's Bohus knitting class with Susanna Hansson.

I'm actually glad I took a year off between the first wristlet and the second wristlet. My approach to the second wristlet was much calmer and confident. Although, still a challenge, the second one did not seem nearly as difficult as the first one. I also knit the second one a touch bit looser, so I think my stranding technique is getting better. I would say I'm ready to tackle something large, like oh, a Bohus sweater.
From 2008 Finished Objects

Pattern: Blue Shimmer - Part of the class

Finally, a little book review:
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Loved this book! The ending left me wanting more which is no small feat for an audible book of over 28 hours. The book is an investment of time, but an investment which will bring great returns. I found myself looking for excuses to be in the car or doing mindless activities so I could spend more time with the novel. It is essentially the story of two magicians in pre-Victorian England and their rise to fame, but it is more than just this story. It seems to be more of a compilation of short stories which share a common set of characters and interwoven plots. The footnotes alone are a pleasing read. I highly recommend this book, especially around Halloween. Oh, and the ending! This book has a truly fantastic ending!


View all my reviews.

No comments: