Friday, August 25, 2006

Jinxed?

I think I jinxed myself by telling people my new deadline for Italian's sweater. I thought it would be safe to tell people about the progress I was making and how confident I felt about finishing the sweater in mid-September. I even believed I was giving myself an ample buffer, just in case something went wrong. Well something went wrong twice! The sweater pattern consist of a four row repeat for a little over 100 rows. Last night while at book club, I noticed I had botched the last four row repeat. Then, I noticed I had botched the four row repeat again about 20 rows back. I was very upset with my knitting and took revenge! I frogged the entire sleeve. "Ha ha!" I thought as I ripped back 68 rows. After I smuggly wound up my ball, I realized that I didn't really take revenge on my knitting. Rather, I think my knitting got the best of me.

In Little Clover news, his mouth is healing just fine. The extra tooth the doctor extracted is huge! His friends are mighty impressed that he had surgery. Finally, we met his teacher and I think it is going to be a good year.

No comments: