Thursday, November 02, 2006

Waiting

I don't know if it's because today is November, or soccer season is over, or work is slowing back down to normal chaos, but I feel rejuvinated. The last few weeks, I was on edge, waiting. Waiting for more time, waiting for my marathon meetings to end, waiting for less distractions, waiting for life to return to normal. I don't like waiting. I missed out on enjoying the moments that were happening because I was too busy waiting for them to be over.

I think November is my favorite month. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year, and November seems to be the best month. The leaves in our neighborhood are in their best technicolor glory. There are only 21 more days until Thanksgiving. There will be pies to bake in the next few weeks. I'll be cooking sausage balls and I'll beg Italian to make his Andouille Sausage and Irish Cheese Grits. We'll start to pull out our coats and scarves on a regular basis as we traispe through fallen leaves. Finally, we will have our first real wood fire in our house. I'll claim my spot next to the fireplace with my knitting and egg nog. I love this time of year. I can't wait!

Italian's Socks

Italian is feeling the knitted love. After a couple of false starts, the first sock ended up being a perfect fit. It is Schaffer Anne and the yarn has a beautiful twist. The singles are tiny and perfect looking. Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to spin singles for a double ply sock weight yarn. I'm making up the pattern as I go, following Wendy's toe-up sock formula, but I've added a ribbing pattern. Here, the sock is getting an interesting view of our living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice sock!

I agree with you. November is a great month!