Friday, September 15, 2006

What was I doing?

Have you ever seen The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).? It's a fabulous play that performs all of Willy's works in two acts. Of course, the plays are slightly condensed. The entire second act is devoted to Hamlet. First, the actors perform a condensed version of Hamlet, then they do it again, leaving out a little bit more, then again, leaving out more, until they reduce it to the point that a ghost walks out, Hamlet walks out, his mom and uncle walk out and everyone drops down dead. Afterwards, they do Hamlet backwards. That's kinda how my life feels right now, as if I'm doing the same things over and over and faster and faster. The start of school has that dizzying affect.

We have quite a lot in our lives right now at Clover Fields. Little Clover's soccer season is fully underway. He's had two games and has scored a total of three goals (not that I'm keeping track or anything). I love little kid soccer. They are just too cute on the field. The goalies and the fullbacks are especially fun to watch. They seem to have the deepest conversations on the field while they wait for the ball to come their way.

The last of the birthday parties will be wrapping up this weekend as well. Little Clover's class party is Saturday at the zoo. Italian and I will be surrounded by 15 little boys, a snake, a lizard, and maybe a tarantula. We did gain some insight on age from Little Clover recently. Italian asked him if he was going to be moving out soon now that he is one year older. Little Clover looked at him and without hesitation replied, "Jesus lived at home until he was 30." That may be taking the whole "What would Jesus do" movement a bit too far.

As for knitting, dare I say it? I finally finished one of the sleeves for Italian sweater. I hope a sweater never, ever, ever takes me this long. Ever. I'm actually loosing some confidence in my sweater knitting ability. Hopefully the Pea Pod for my cousin's baby won't take nearly as long. A newborn is much smaller than a grown man and requires less yarn, right? I was hoping to knit at least one of the Sexy Knitters project this go round, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Both Sizzle and the Simple Bodice look beautiful and I have the yarn for both, just not the time. I will try my best to make time for Socktoberfest 2006. Too much knitting and not enough time seems to be the motto right now. At least I don't have to worry about Christmas knittng this year. It's Italian's turn to make gifts.

No comments: