This post gets a bit PG, due to a reference that may be taken badly. I was a bit hesitant because I am a daughter and granddaughter before I am an adult and maintain some aspects of those roles. Still, it is funny.
You might be a knitter if:
- Counting sheep keeps you awake with excitement
- You keep rewinding a movie to see the sweaters a little better
- You see a package of cocktail toothpicks as really cheap cable needles
- You stop by the side of the road during cotton harvesting season to snag some free cotton for spinning
- Your mate finds yarn in his drawers (because you've run out of space everywhere else)
- Your kids no longer moan when you say "Just one more row"
- You know how to pronounce "skein"
- You don't own a single handknit scarf
- You don't own a scarf at all
- You only wear hand knit socks
- Your kids always have a scarf
- Your kids' school projects always include yarn
- Thoughts of trans-atlantic flights or cross country train rides fill you with joy
- You know the dangers of SEX*
- You enable other knitters during SEX
- You don't go to movies because they are dark and you can't rewind
- You have an iPod so you can keep up with your "reading"
- Moths terrify you
- You laugh at "Dry Clean Only" labels on wool sweaters
- When planning vacations, you include LYS on the list of "attractions"
- You know how to sew a rip in a knit t-shirt
- Before you buy a sweater on mega-sale, you check the side seams
- You carry a larger purse (backpack) to hold your WIP
- You move to a colder climate to wear more knitted goods
- You visit the "I love alpacas" website daily
- You had to find new friends because your other friends just didn't understand
- You stop random people on the street and asked to see the insides of their sweaters
*Stash Enhancement eXcursions
Shame on you :)