Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bad Mojo

I don't know what I have done to upset the Canadian gods, but it must have been a doozy. I have bad Canadian mojo.

One of my favorite books, Anne of Green Gables, is written by a Canadian and is set in Canada.
One of my favorite bands is Canadian.
One of my favorite sports is Canadian (first modern indoor game was played in Montreal).
One of my favorite knitters is Canadian.
One would think that the Candian gods would accept me even though I am not a Canadian. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Instead, they mock and tease me.

You see, I have seen my favorite Canadian band, BNL, live three times in my life. I have been in the same city (or within a 3 hour drive) and missed them six times in my life. Yep, six. The last time was in Orlando during a family vacation. Italian wouldn't let me leave the family vacation for a very brief three hour period to see them, live, in concert. I still cry a little.

Now, my bad mojo is infiltrating my knitting life. The Yarn Harlot will be in Nashvegas tonight and I will not. (Pause while I hang my head and cry). I own her books and have dutifully resisted buying the new one so I could buy it when I went to the signing. That's not going to happen now, and it gets worse. I missed her when she was in my fair city last time because I didn't know she was here!!!!! Wait, it still gets worse. Nana Clover lives in Nashville and I could easily give her a call and beg, and beg, and beg her to go to Threaded Bliss and get a signed copy for me, except, she's not in Nashville tonight either!!!!!! My favorite Nashville knitter is not in Nashville! The irony!!!!! I have my fingers crossed that when I am in Vancouver this summer, she may be there, or at the very least, my visit to Vancouver will finally rid me of my bab Canadian mojo, kinda like bringing a goat to Wrigley Field.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana Clover is back in town and is ready to rush to over to pick up your signed copy of Knitting Rules. Just say the word!

Anonymous said...

aahhh, i totally would have gone with you to see BNL in Orlando over the summer, i wish i would have known. also, that Cubs joke....not funny :(

Anonymous said...

Nate is part canadian! I think his mom is french canadian...maybe he could help your mojo!

by the way, I like your blog
KRM